Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services
At the heart of ADWAS is a Deaf – centered agency. We collaborate with Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing community as we all work together to end violence.
How can you become involved with ADWAS?!
Come and join Volunteer Advocate Program!
Volunteer Advocate’s responsibilities:
• Handle the local crisis line after business hours
• Assist and empower victims through immediate crisis
• Provide information & referral
• Offer non-judgmental support
• Attend Monthly advocate meetings
• Commit one year starting from training graduation date
Before becoming a volunteer advocate, required to do what:
• Fill out the application and be interviewed
• Take initial 50 hours of DV and SA training
• Have access to wifi/ethernet and transportation
• Must be fluent in ASL
• Must be over 18 years old
When: June 5 to July 31, 2012 (Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9 weeks)
Time: 6 pm to 9 pm
If interested in applying and/or getting more info, please contact Tamara at firstname.lastname@example.org