WANT TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER ADVOCATE?
A New Advocate Training Coming SOON!
Volunteer advocates provide these services:
- Staff the local crisis hotline after business hours
- Assist and empower victims through immediate crisis
- Provide information and referrals
- Offer non-judgmental support
- Attend monthly meetings for training, support and self-care
- Fluent in ASL
- Make a 1 year commitment to the program
Requires 50 hours of domestic violence/sexual assault training at ADWAS, and attendance at monthly volunteer advocate meetings. Must be fluent in ASL and have access to a phone and car.
For more information contact Rhonda Cochran: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 922-7088.