The Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services (ADWAS) is a non-profit agency that serves Deaf and Deaf-Blind victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, and provides prevention education to the general community.
The ADWAS Program Assistant provides the following services:
Directly assists the Office Manager
Provides support to ADWAS programs and administration:
- Videophone: answering/screening calls; taking messages; transferring calls to appropriate ADWAS staff.
- Clerical duties: using copier, computer (including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), fax, postage meter and other equipment to perform various duties.
- Assist in processing daily mail and donations.
- Answer front door and assist clients and visitors.
- Provide information and referral, and document calls/requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in American Sign Language.
- Minimum of 2 years involvement in the Deaf or Deaf-Blind communities (paid or volunteer).
- Strong communication and computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Comfort in working with people from various richly diverse backgrounds.
- Must take the ADWAS domestic and sexual violence trainings.
- Knowledge of issues re: sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Experience in providing support services and working as a team member.
- Administrative and organizational skills experience.
Responsible to: ADWAS Office Manager
Please send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to:
Emily England, Office Manager
Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services
8623 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Email to: Emily@adwas.org
Application deadline is no later than Wednesday, December 18th, 2013.
Qualified applicants will be asked to come for an interview during the week of January 6th – 10th, 2014.
ADWAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer