The Positive Deaf Parenting program offers parenting education and support to all members of the Deaf community. We offer a variety of classes and workshops throughout the year in King County, Everett and Tacoma.
- Positive Discipline class (for parents with children age 3 and above)
- Parenting Teenagers class
- A parenting support group
- Special events for families through the year
OFFERINGS FOR 2013
“Parents and sexuality workshop” series: All workshops take place at ADWAS offices 8623 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115
• March TBD 2013, (12:30-2:30 ) “ Q and A for Women, Regarding Healthy Sexuality”
• March TBD 2013, ( 4-5:30pm) “ Getting the talk started, Kids and Parents together to learn about Healthy Sexuality.”
March 2013: Support Group for parents with babies age Birth to Three based on the PEPS (Program for Early Parent Support) model. Our goal is that no new parent will feel isolated and unsupported- 12 weeks, day and time to be announced. Offered Spring and Fall.
“Positive Deaf Parenting Class”: For parents with kids age 3-13. Learn positive discipline techniques for raising responsible kids. 8 weeks.
“Promoting First Relationships”: One on One parent coaching for parents with babies ages Birth to Three.
One on one- parenting consultation: to address your specific parenting challenges and concerns. Ongoing call for an appointment 206-453-2487 VP ( ask for Linda)
“Raising Responsible Teens”: Classes available based on demand.
All classes and workshops are free of charge and include:
- light snacks
- structured activities for children under the age of 5