Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
What is Domestic Violence?
It is when someone you love, a husband, boyfriend, partner (lesbian/gay/straight), or relative:
- Makes you scared
- Calls you bad names
- Breaks/hides your TTY
- Controls your money
- Doesn’t let you visit Deaf friends
- Breaks/hides your hearing aid
- Hits you
- Hits your children
- Kicks you
- Forces you to have sex
- Slaps you
- Shoves/pushes you
What is Sexual Assault?
Someone forces you to do something sexual and you don’t want to. You said “No,” and he/she does it anyway. For example, he/she:
- Touches your breasts
- Makes you touch his penis
- Puts his penis in your mouth, vagina, or anus
- Makes jokes about your body at work
- Touches your penis
It is not your fault.
There are different types of sexual assault:
- Acquaintance Rape
- Date Rape
No matter what type of sexual assault, it is against the law.